Thursday, March 31, 2011

Jukari, A New Way to Move ...

Jukari is a Cirque Du Soleil inspired aerobic dance class partenered up with Reebok.  There are two differant styles of Jukari, Fly and Fit to Flex.  They unfortunately do not offer the Fly class yet, it uses trapeze, how fun would that be? At this time, there is only ONE place in the entire US that offers these classes and that so happens to be in the city of Las Vegas, where I just happen to live.  Outside of the 24Hr fitness clubs here, it is offered in Canada, where it originated.

When I first heard of this class, I came home and checked it out online to see what in the world Jukari was, as soon as I read "Cirque Du Soleil", I was in!! 

My first time to try it out was this morning, I needed a really good stretch after pilates the other night and thought this would be a great fit.  HA!! Not only did it stretch me, I was sweating profusely 15 minutes into the class!! Jukari gives you the calorie burn of a Zumba class and the balance/flexibility training of yoga/pilates, joining the two together, you get one powerhouse of a workout and feel simply amazing afterwards.

The resistance/stability band is used to 1. give resistance when stretching, 2. help keep you balanced when doing poses such as the Flamingo or Jukari Dancer, and 3. as a part of dance as we sway it through the air or whip it to the ground.

If you live in the Las Vegas area, you must try this class.  24hr fitness offers a Free 7 day membership, if you do not already have one there, you can go online and print the coupon for it.  Or, if you happen to know me and would like to come with me, I can get you in as my guest for the day, either way, this class was a great way to start the day! 

2 comments:

  1. SO wish I could just zoom over and try it~ sounds like a ton of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete