Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Lengend of The Raindrop

My husband stumbled across this tiny booklet last nite, it was inside an electric shaver box and must have belonged to my Grandad.  The Legend of The Raindrop is an inspirational poem by Helen Steiner Rice from her book of verses "A Time For Rejoicing".  This little poem was featured on the Lawrence Welk Show and was published as a mini greeting card in Cincinnati, OH.  There is no date present anywhere, but the booklet is worn and has that antique look.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.


                The Legend of The Raindrop

The legend of the raindrop has a lesson for us all
As it trembled in the heavens questioning whether is should fall ...

For the glistening raindrop argued to the genie of the sky,
I am beautiful and lovely as I sparkle here on high ...

And hanging here I will become part of the rainbow's hue
And I'll shimmer like a diamond for all the world to view ...

But the genie told the raindrop, "Do not hesitate to go
For you will more beautiful if you fall to earth below.
For you will sink into the soil and be lost a while from sight,
But when you reappear on earth, you'll be looked on with delight.
For you will be the raindrop that quenched the thirsty ground,
And helped the lovely flowers to blossom all around.
And in your resurrection you'll appear in queenly clothes,
With the beauty of the lily and the fragrance of the rose.
Then when you wilt and wither, you'll become part of the earth
And make the soil more fertile and give new flowers birth."

For there is nothing ever lost or eternally neglected
For EVERYTHING God ever made is always resurrected.

So trust God's all wise wisdom and doubt the Father never
For in His Heavenly Kingdom there is nothing lost forever.

1 comment:

  1. I just found that same little book The legend of the raindrop. It made my day. Praise the lord!

    ReplyDelete