Sunday, April 10, 2011

Easy like a Sunday morning ...

Sunday mornings are the best ever in my house.  My husband doesn't have to go to work.  We get to sleep in a little bit together.  Nari (our cat) comes and snuggles with us. And, I make a big breakfast for us.

I get up and let Rich and Nari have the bed to themselves while I sneak away into the kitchen and start creating.  Most days, breakfast consist of a banana on the go, a quick breakfast sandwich, cereal or toast with peanut butter, but on Sundays, its Pancake Day.

I use a whole wheat pancake batter from my favourite grocery store here in Vegas, Fresh and Easy.  It takes milk and eggs, then I whip it up while the pan gets nice and hot.  My husband's pancakes get made first, 1/4 cup of batter into the hot pan, then add a few chocolate chips before turning over, add butter one by one, and when the stack is ready, top with maple syrup.  Next, on to mine, same 1/4 cup of batter, only I use dried cranberries in mine before turning, not so much butter and half the amount of syrup to top mine off.   Add a side of bacon and V8, and you have it!

"Breakfast is ready!", I yell to him, then he emerges from bed and joins me in the kitchen for a yummy breakfast together!! It's a great way to start our day, whether we do something together or he goes out on his own for some much needed alone time on his day off, we love our new tradition of Pancake Day. ;)

Do you have any daily/weekly traditions in the making for you and your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment