Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tut Tut, Looks like rain ...


I LOVE days like today!

In a place where the sun shines just about everyday, its the days that are cloudy and gloomy that I appreciate most.  I know that sounds crazy, but these are the days I miss most about the mid-west.  Although, it most likely will not rain today, the overcast cloud cover and 63 degree weather with an added cool breeze, is refreshing.  Its a, stay in the house and read a good book day, or have a cup of hot tea and watch a most loved chick flick day, or even better, snuggle with my beautiful baby Nari cat all day, day.  Whatever I do, it will be relaxing, and I will enjoy it very much.

Here, where the most common day  has a dry, hot, and very sunny climate, the days that make me feel like I am home again, are days like today.  I will still walk to the gym and get my Zumba on (or strength training, not sure which I will do yet), and I will still tidy my house as normal, but to have a calm, quiet, peaceful day outside, even though not normal, makes me warm in my heart and brings my mid-west family and friends to the forefront of my heart/mind.

No matter where you are in life, where you live, what you do on a daily basis, always remember that the little things in life are truly the most important and will always make those things that are most dear to you that much more important.

What little things in your life bring your family, friends, loves, or happy thoughts to the forefront of your heart/mind?

1 comment:

  1. I love cold, rainy days/nights. I wish we could sit in the middle of our yard or the street while it's raining (without getting wet) with rain going everywhere but on us. I think that would be pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete