Friday, March 18, 2011

God's Canvas

There is absolutely nothing like being on the back of my husbands motorcycle with the wind in my face and the smell of nature swirling around you.  Last Monday, we got up early on my husbands day off, dressed for a chilly morning, with cooler clothes packed away for later, put on our gloves, glasses and helmets, and took off for a day of adventure.

When you are on a bike, your senses come alive! You see things you don't normally see in an enclosed vehicle, you smell the city for the first time and you hear everything around you in a very clear way.  It is important to be super alert on a bike.  This way, you are ready for anything that may happen, and thankfully we are always prayed up before a ride and have never encountered accidents or even close accidents.


 On our ride this day, I saw the Las Vegas Speedway for the first time, it is monstrous, the Nellis Air force Base, which is also monstrous,  had 2 jets taking off right in front of us for their morning run.  The smell of breakfast was in the air, and by the time we got to our meeting spot, I was starving and ready to "fill up" for the ride.  We are always early for everything, our friends are always late, lucky for me, everyone was on time today and my breakfast tasted amazing.

  Tummies full. Bikes full. Its time to RIDE!! 
Destination of the day: The Valley of Fire




As we slowed down to approach the entrance of the park, I was in awe.  I have never seen anything so beautiful and its magnitude is like that of the Grand Canyon, in my opinion.  Seeing the reason for its name right away, the mountains are FIRE red, orange and yellow.  They have been there a very long time so some of the walls have been hallowed out by the wind or have been left with a sort of honeycomb look, small holes going in and out of the mountains walls.  One had ancient writings you could climb up to see,  one mountain in front of us looked like a wave about to come crashing down, it swooped over and over.  The farther into the park we got, the more breath taking it became.  With red all around you, the sun shining high and the desert glowing, how can one not see the beauty of God and know how amazing He truly is? 

The experience of the ride to The Valley of Fire was simply amazing, unlike any other ride we have ever been on.  I wish I had the words to describe to you how these magnificent, breath taking, beauty, and strength filled mountains really made me feel.  There really are no words.  All I can say, is that they made me feel closer to God in some way, knowing how He formed each rock and the colour as if He painted His daily masterpiece right into these rocks.  The desert of Nevada truly is a most amazing place, even if the day after I have to suffer with allergy sniffles and puffy eyes, God's wonder was seen by this rider in His canvas called The Valley of Fire.

2 comments:

  1. I love that your eyes are open to see all of His glory around you and surrounding you daily! What beauty God has given for our pleasure - no matter where we are, they are always there - whether it is beautiful red mountains, sparkling blue oceans, withering and hot deserts, the smile of a newborn baby, or even seen in the wisdom of someone who has lived a long life & taking their last breaths - God is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said!! Who are you since it comes up anonymous, please sign after so I know who you are!! thank you for the comment!!

    ReplyDelete